Graduate students are invited to participate in the Arshi Pipa Best Graduate Student Paper Award Competition sponsored by the Society for Albanian Studies (SAS). The Arshi Pipa Best Graduate Student Paper Award shall recognize significant and important original research made by a Graduate Student Member that advances the field of Albanian Studies regardless of academic discipline, and the student’s prospects for ongoing future contributions to Albanian Studies. Nominations for the Best Graduate Student Paper Award must be made to the SAS Graduate Essay Prize Committee. Please email a copy of paper to the committee by August 31, 2017:
Graduate Essay Prize Committee:
Elton Skendaj, University of Miami, Chair
Chelsi West Ohueri, University of Texas at Austin
Pellumb Kelmendi, University of Michigan
- The author of the paper must be a Graduate Student Member of the SAS at the time of nomination.
- The paper must have been written no more than two years before the paper’s nomination, and must be in English.
- Graduate student papers that have been co-authored with professors are not eligible.
- Papers from any academic discipline in the social sciences are accepted, insofar as they make a contribution to Albanian Studies, broadly defined.
- The deadline for nominations is August 31, 2017.
- To complete the nomination, e-mail a copy of the nominated paper (in MS Word or PDF format) to the committee.
- Nominations can be made by any member in good standing and self-nominations shall also be accepted.
- The Graduate Essay Prize Committee will make the selection and notify the recipient of the award by the end of September, 2017.
- The Award will be formally presented at the 2017 Annual Convention of the Association for Slavic, East European & Eurasian Studies (ASEEES) in Chicago, IL, in November 2017.
- If financially feasible, the Graduate Student Paper Award shall be accompanied by a small monetary reward.
- The awardee shall receive a Certificate from SAS, along with recognition on the SAS newsletter.
Any questions about the prize or the application process can be addressed to the Graduate Essay Prize Committee.